Last week, a new user on Saloote got our attention. It’s Élan Noelle, or Destiny1474, who has recorded inspiring versions for two songs on the app, Sara Bareilles’ “Brave” and Kongos’ “Come With Me Now”.
Such a huge talent deserves to be recognized, so we did our best to find more about Élan Noelle and share it with you. We found out, for example, that she is a singer, songwriter and producer who lives in Washington, D.C. and released an EP,Beautifully Invisible, last year.
Check out some other curiosities we found about her:
- She’s eclectic: Her musical influences are diverse. She finds inspiration in artists such as Michael Jackson, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Jamiroquai and Kaskade.
- She’s autodidact: Élan Noelle got her first Yamaha Keyboard from her mother and taught herself how to play the piano.
- She’s been in the business for a while: Before trying her solo career, Élan Noelle performed with her sisters in an R&B vocal trio called Zephyra.
- She’s a nerd: In addition to film study in college, Élan studied musical theatre and acting. After receiving her bachelor’s degree from Howard University, she continued her acting studies at the Studio Theatre in Washington D.C.
- She’s a hard worker: When it comes to her music, Élan Noelle is a hands on artist. She takes care of the whole process–from the instrumentation, songwriting, to vocal arrangements and performances.